The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 requires all public transportation agencies to provide specialized transportation that is comparable to the public transit bus service for individuals who do not have the functional ability to ride public transit.
Petaluma Paratransit provides pre-scheduled bus transportation for persons with disabilities who cannot independently use regular Petaluma Transit service some or all of the time.
If you are interested in using Petaluma Paratransit service, you must apply and be found eligible for the service according to American with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines.
To utilize Petaluma Paratransit, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be unable to get to and from a bus stop or on and off a lift-equipped bus by yourself
- Have a cognitive disability that prohibits your understanding of how to complete bus trips
As part of the certification process, you must complete an application and provide a licensed medical professional’s statement to verify your disability. All applicants must qualify for certification under the guidelines established by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
If you need assistance filling out one of these applications, or have questions on any part of the application, please call Petaluma Paratransit’s administrative office (707) 778-4460. All forms and procedures are available in alternative texts upon request. Forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
You do not need to be a resident of Petaluma to use Petaluma Paratransit. If you have been certified to use paratransit in any of the nine Bay Area counties, Petaluma Paratransit will be able to provide your ride after checking the Regional Eligibility Database and confirming your eligibility (please inform our dispatcher of your status upon scheduling a ride).
ADA-eligible visitors from outside the Bay Area may use Petaluma Paratransit service for up to 21 days during any 365-day period. Visitors do not need to re-certify in Petaluma during this 21-day period.
To reserve a ride on Petaluma Paratransit, call the scheduling number provided in your welcome packet between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9:00 am and 3:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Be prepared to give your full name, your origin, your destination, and either the time you need to be picked up OR the time you need to be dropped off in order to best schedule your ride. Let the reservationist know if you will need a return trip or if you will have someone accompanying you.
- Riders may call to reserve a trip from 1 to 7 days in advance.
- Cancellations must be made at least two hours prior to your scheduled pick-up time so that your riding privileges are not suspended. Timely cancellations allow Petaluma Paratransit to serve more customers.
- If you wish to change your destination, you must call the reservation office at least one day prior to your trip in order to see if a change can be accommodated.
The one-way fare for travel within the Petaluma Paratransit service area is an exact fare of $3.00 payable at time of boarding. Drivers do not carry change. For your convenience, please consider purchasing a Rider Card.
|CASH||$3 Single Ride|
|Rider CARD*||$33 (Good for 12 one-way rides.) BUY|
*Rider Cards are available for purchase on Petaluma Paratransit vehicles, Transit offices located at the address listed below and on our secure website. Rider Cards are not available at other pass sales outlets. These Rider Cards can be used only to ride Petaluma Paratransit and are not valid for intercounty rides. Rider Cards have no cash value and all sales are final. No refunds or credits will be issued.
Petaluma Transit Offices: 555 N McDowell Blvd Petaluma CA 94954
Have more questions?